Natural nutrition can be thought of as “real” food that is derived from a living and breathing non-human source. “Real” food includes…
- a wide variety of vegetables,
- nuts and seeds,
- herbs and spices,
- certain grains and starches,
- seasonal fruits,
- seafood, and
- a minimal amount of meat and dairy.
Nutritious food does not cause harm or an inflammatory response in the human body. Food should be “clean” in the sense that it is not artificially augmented or modified. Therefore, ingredients that should be strictly avoided include…
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs),
- foods grown using harmful pesticides,
- artificial additives such as MonoSodium Glutamate (MSG, which goes by many other names as well) and
- patented natural flavors.